Saturday 14 December 2013

Author John Green.

I am not a massive reader, and I find it really difficult to finish books if they aren't action packed. However after months of my sister begging me to read a book by the author John Green, I finally gave in and I am sure glad that I did. I know that I am jumping on this bandwagon a little late, but I thought I would share this with the people who haven't read any of his novels.

My favourite genre of novel is dystopian, as I love to read about a present issue that has affected the world that we now live in. They are always full of action, like Hunger Games or Divergent, constantly keeping my eyes glued to the page. That is why I was pleasantly surprised when I started reading Green's novels, as the way they are written, I found it really easy to get lost within these fictional worlds. 

You can tell that this author's mind is filled with knowledge which he shares with his readers, writing it in a way that is understandable to a wide audience. Green tackles issues and problems that many young adults face, taking a fresh and truthful perspective of situations. I found the topics that he chose to write about extremely relatable. As well as this, his novels plots are also vastly different, however his writing style remains the same. It's so lovely not seeing the same formula from an author. This is where I think his popularity lies.

As well as is literary talents, John and his brother Hank also have a Youtube Chanel, which for some reason makes me love him even more. He is a 21st Century author, who has used the power of the Internet for good. I am slowly making my way through my sisters collection of all of his books, and I highly recommend that you get your hands on this fabulous authors work.

No comments:

Post a Comment