Wednesday 6 November 2013

The Power of Music.

I am someone who loves to constantly have music playing in the background of my day, no matter what I'm doing. Studying, chores or even when I'm just on my computer. It has the ability to make boring times a little more bareable. However, I feel that once you start constantly hearing music around, it is almost like a drug. Whenever I am out and about, and there is no music playing my life feels somewhat more boring.

Summer and Spring are the times of the year when it is acceptable to listen to your favourite pop guilty pleasures. It is almost essential to have one of these mainstream album's playing while you are lying around the pool. Whenever you heat these pop tunes, you can't help but dance to them. As summer is just around the corner, I have began the transition into the music genre. During these warmer months I have been absolutely loving Katy Perry's new album Prism. It is the perfect combination for a killer summer playlist, and let's be honest, who doesn't love Katy Perry!

During the colder months of the year, in Autumn/Fall and Winter, it's time for your inner hipster can emerge. These seasons require a more chilled out vibe, which alternative music can provide. These are the sorts of songs you want to listen to while snuggled up with a blanket and a hot cup of tea around the fire. The really cold months in Australia are long gone, so I listened to this album a while ago, but I still love it. Gabrielle Aplin's debut album English Rain is the perfect sombre music for the colder months.

Music has the amazing power to change your mood almost instantly. Within ten seconds of listening to an upbeat song, it can have a positive spin on your outlook on life. I think the greatest reason why we love music is it's ability to make our lives feel more and more like a movie, having the very own soundtrack to our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment