Sunday 3 November 2013

Countryside Wedding.

If you have read some of my older posts you will realise that this the second wedding I have attended...this year! I literally have only ever been to one wedding before 2013, so obviously this must be the year of love and tying the knot.

This second wedding that I attended was again in the country, but this time the dress code was a lot more casual. As the ceremony was going to be held outside I decided upon flats over heels, as heels and grass are the combination from hell. I paired my much loved summer sandals with a loose and flowing dress. I am absolutely obsessed with this electric blue colour, I think that it just looks phenomenal on anyone! Blue and silver are just the perfect combination, so I decided to pair my dress with a pair of fine detail silver earrings and my vine ring from Cushy Living. With the casual dress code, that meant that I had to keep the makeup simple and light. Nothing too dramatic. A simple cateye and nude lip is always a winning match. I was actually lucky enough to have my hair done by the hairdresser for bridal party. As the dress was quite simple, I decided to go for a half, braided up do, paired with soft curls. I was really happy with how my hair turned out and it managed to stay in place for the entire wedding.
Dress: Witchery
Shoes: Witchery Sandals (Tan) - Size 41
The ceremony was held outside, with a small and intimate gathering of close friends and family. Thewedding had a vintage and country theme, which i absolutely adore. As each guest arrived, they were handed a small, white embroided cotton and lace umbrella in order to shield themselves from the hot afternoon sun. I thought that the location was beautiful for the ceremony, as in the background you could see rolling hills of the countryside.


We then moved into the reception, which was held inside and consided of five courses of extreme fine dinning. The food was exquisite and the entire evening was a huge success. I must make a special mention to the best man however, as he gave one of the funniest speeches I have ever heard in my and he had the entire room in stitches.

Weddings are such a beautiful time to celebrate the love of two people. I wish the bride and groom a beautiful life together as a married couple and I hope they share more amazing memories together.

"Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

No comments:

Post a Comment