Saturday 26 October 2013

Smoothie Season.

Now I don't know about you, but I feel like recently the latest food craze on Instagram is people posting photos of their smoothies or muesli and yoghurt in a glass jar. You would probably pay around $10 for something like this. So I though that I would buy a little glass jar and make my very own smoothie at home. Don't worry I made sure to throughly wash the jar before I used it.

I absolutely love summer time fruits and berries, they are some of the best available throughout the year. This is one of my favourite simple, yet delicious smoothies. All that you need is a banana, raspberries, yoghurt and some rolled oats. I usually buy frozen berries as they can be quite expensive. Also if you ass frozen fruit, you don't have to add ice-cream in order to make your smoothie icy cold. Then you just place all of the ingredients into a blender and let in all combine. Then poor your smoothie into a glass jar, and feel free to get creative when decorating.


As well as being a refreshing drink, this smoothie is extremely good for. The berries are a packed full of nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants. All of these help in reducing disease, keeping you healthy during the warmer months. Berries also increase memory capabilities, the an ideal ingredient in any meal around exam times. Banana's store high amounts of energy, which will be able to keep you going all day. They also have been proven to improve your mood, and even reduce PMS symptoms ladies. Yogurt is a perfect source of your daily calcium intake, which is essential for strong bones and giving you a beautiful smile. Finally rolled oats, opposed to toasted oats, contain virtually no fats or sugar, while being filled to the brim with energy. That is why a smoothie like this is an ideal breakfast as it gives you the energy that you require for the rest of the day, or until your next break.

No comments:

Post a Comment